Easily configure and
Developing control and automation systems requires broad expertise in systems, hardware and software in order to provide the required functionality. Domain-Specific Languages can efficiently address all three concerns, and even support co-design when allocating software to the hardware and systems functionality.
Domain-Specific Modeling (DSM) helps by raising the level of abstraction closer to the problem domain — and generating production code, prototypes, configuration data etc. from these high-level models.
MetaEdit+ is being used successfully to develop control and automation systems in a variety of industries, such as medical, machine control, factory automation, telecommunication, railway systems, voice control, heating remote control and home automation.
With a DSM solution you can:
- Let domain experts specify systems using concepts they already know.
- Generate full code from the models (assembler, PLC, C, C++ etc.).
- Generate code from the same models for different targets and libraries.
- Support communication with system engineers and software engineers with integrated DSLs.
- Specify and perform system testing with domain concepts.
Since most control and automation systems have a long production lifespan with continuing evolution and maintenance, it is crucial that tools can be relied on — now and for the long term. MetaCase has developed its tools for over 20 years, and with the latest version of MetaEdit+ you can still work with models created in the early 1990s. No more losing time or work when updating to new language or tool versions!