Juha-Pekka Tolvanen, MetaCase CEO
Dr. Juha-Pekka Tolvanen is the CEO of MetaCase and co-founder of the DSM Forum. He has been involved in model-driven development and tools, notably metamodeling and code generators, since 1991. He has acted as a consultant world-wide for modeling language development, authored a book on Domain-Specific Modeling, and written over 100 articles for various software development magazines and conferences.
Juha-Pekka is a regular speaker at industry events and conferences — with keynotes at Code Generation Conference and ACM/IEEE Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, and panels at Architecture&Design World, OOPSLA/SPLASH, OOP and SPLC. Juha-Pekka co-started the OOPSLA workshops on Domain-Specific Modeling in 2001 and has been on the organizing committee since. He is a member of IFIP WG8.1 Method Engineering task group and has co-edited a special issues on Domain-Specific Modeling for IEEE Software, Software and Systems Modeling Journal and Journal of Computer Languages.
Juha-Pekka holds a Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Jyväskylä, Finland (best national dissertation award 1999). He received his Master's degree (econ.) in 1992 and Licentiate degree in 1994. He is an adjunct professor (docent on software development methods) at the University of Jyväskylä.
Juha-Pekka's hobbies vary depending on the season of the year, and include primarily sailing or skiing.
Articles: My academic webpage
- Evaluating Tool Support for Co-Evolution of Modeling Languages, Tools and Models (Models and Evolution at Models 2023)
- Collaborative modelling and metamodelling with MetaEdit+. International Hands-on Workshop on Collaborative Modeling (at Models 2021)
- Automated Annotations in Domain-Specific Models: Analysis of 23 Cases. FPVM, 2021
- How Domain-Specific Modeling Languages Address Variability in Product Line Development: Investigation of 23 cases, SPLC 2019
- Effort Used to Create Domain-Specific Modeling Languages, ACM/IEEE MODELS 2018
- Collaborative Creation and Versioning of Modeling Languages with MetaEdit+, ACM/IEEE MODELS 2018
- Automating Safety Engineering with Model-Based Techniques, Embedded World 2017
- Model-Driven Development Challenges and Solutions: Industry Experiences, Modelsward 2016
- Collaborative Language Engineering and Language Use, SLE 2016
- How to Integrate Models and Code, InfoQ