MetaCase Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > > MetaEdit+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Move project to different repository

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edward22243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move project to different repository
    Posted: 12.Jul.2022 at 12:46
I want to share a project which is currently in a repository with some other projects.

I do not wish to share the other projects so would it be possible to move (or copy but less preferable) this project to a new empty repository. If yes how?

Also would I be able to provide everybody access to that new repo (because now I login with "Other" and use my username and password, and I do not wish to share my password). I know the "demo" repository allows everybody to access, such functionality would be great.

I could not find (but mybe did not search good enough) any documentation about this.

Greetings, Edward
stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Jul.2022 at 13:40
Two main approaches: 
The former is normally easiest:
  1. Login and open just the project you want to share
  2. Press the Export button on the toolbar (or choose Browsers | Graph Manager)
  3. Select All the graphs you want to export
  4. Press the -> button to calculate the list of graph contents to be exported
  5. Press Save as Patch and give a .mec filename
  6. You will also be prompted to give a unique name for this repository: giving the same name on later exports will allow a repository that imported to recognize the later export as from the same repository, and update the previously imported models (rather than creating duplicates).
The export will include the metamodels (and supertypes) for the selected models. If you also want some other graph types that do not have instances, repeat in Metamodel | Type Manager to get a .met file. If your metamodels make use of Library Symbols, export those to an .mxs file with Metamodel | Symbol Browser | Export.

To build a new repository:
  1. Open a new MetaEdit+ and choose File | Create Repository
    • Enter sysadmin as the username and password, if you want users to be able to login without needing to supply a password
    • You can create additional users (e.g. user) in Repository | Options | User page
  2. Create a project (or one project for types and another for instances) with Repository | New Project...
  3. Press the toolbar Import button or choose Repository | Import to import .met, .mxs and .mec files in turn (selecting the appropriate project as default before each)
edward22243 View Drop Down
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edward22243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Jul.2022 at 13:46
thanks for the quick answer. Just found out that if I add a "user" with password "user" the option is activated (and same for sysadmin).
edward22243 View Drop Down
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edward22243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Jul.2022 at 14:07
Success. Thanks for the writeup.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply