MetaCase Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > > MetaEdit+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Formalism from Feature Model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashfaq9252047 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formalism from Feature Model
    Posted: 26.Oct.2021 at 11:53
Is there an option to automatically convert our feature model (feature tree) into logical formula?

Edited by stevek - 27.Oct.2021 at 11:17
jpt View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Oct.2021 at 15:02
You may define a generator with MERL that makes the conversion to your preferred formula. 

One related example can be found from the evaluation version as there a 'Feature Model' project includes a generator that produces Variant Selection Table. It is defined with MERL. 

You can also run the conversion generator at modeling time (via a generator called '__LiveCheck'). The screenshot below illustrates this option as the text with colors in the bottom is generated from the diagram. Naturally in your case the result would be logical formula. With MetaEdit+ you may thus choose your preferred Feature Model formalism (via metamodeling tools) and generators/converters (via Generator Editor).

Feature model producing textual description in live check pane
ashfaq9252047 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashfaq9252047 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Oct.2021 at 10:55
Thanks for the reply. I have checked the FeatureModel example the you mentioned and checked all the generators that were give. However, I could not find any generator that gave the formula as shown in your snapshot. As a newbie, i am not sure how to edit the generators or write the code to generate the output as your generated. Below is the list of the provided generators:

Edited by stevek - 27.Oct.2021 at 11:17
jpt View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Oct.2021 at 09:37
Yes, the example from the screenshot is not included in evaluation version: users make their own for their specific needs. 

Please find attached a similar generator: you may import this .mec file to your copy of MetaEdit+. It includes both the updated metamodel with the generator as well as example model. 

For importing after login choose Repository | Import.... For details of importing and exporting models (and metamodels) see Section 5.3 in User's Guide.

Edited by stevek - 28.Oct.2021 at 09:45
ashfaq9252047 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashfaq9252047 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Oct.2021 at 09:42
Thank you so much for the .mec file. Unfortunately, it seems that I am unable to download the the given .mec file. I am not sure if the link is broken or the problem lies on my side
Drop here!
stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Oct.2021 at 09:47
Looks like the problem was that the link was http rather than https (it redirected to https, but for some reason the browser didn't download it). I've changed the link to https and it works for me now - try refreshing and clicking the link again.
 Post Reply Post Reply