MetaCase Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > > MetaEdit+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metaedit+ project does not open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metaedit+ project does not open
    Posted: 09.Sep.2020 at 20:24
Hello,

We work collabroatively with my PhD student, who edit the metamodel and share the corresponding Metaedit+ project folder with me. So, I am expected to open the meta-model. However, when I try to open the Metaedit+ project folder that my PhD student sent, I got the following error message. 

Image and database versions do not match. Image is 5.1 and database is 5.5. You will now be logged out.

Can you please help me on avoiding the error here ?
mert View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Sep.2020 at 13:02
Hello,

As far as I see, no MAC OS supported form of version 5.5 has been released. Also, another issue is tat any meta-model defined with the version 5.5 cannot be opened and edited via the version 5.1. 

Are those claims correct ? If not, can you please clarify us on that? 

Best
stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Sep.2020 at 14:28
I see we've already answered these questions, which were also sent by email by you and your student. I'll post the answers here for others:

You should be able to transfer most information from 5.5 to 5.1. The 5.5 user can export in the MetaEdit+ XML formats (.MXT for exporting metamodels, .MXM for exporting models), and the 5.1 user can create a new repository and project and import them (MXT then MXM). Obviously this will not make 5.1 able to use the parts concerning features added in 5.5, but generally the results are still useful.

Another approach is to export the models from 5.5 as binary patches (.MEC for models and their metamodels, .MET for any other metamodels you want to send). The other person can then download the evaluation version of MetaEdit+ 5.5 on Windows, create a new repository and project, and import those files.

If the metamodel contains symbols with templates that use library symbols, export those library symbols as .MXS and import them as for the other XML files.

Post Reply Post Reply