MetaCase Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > > MetaEdit+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conditional connectable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edward22243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditional connectable
    Posted: 11.Apr.2020 at 13:44
I have an object in which a property is specified. If the property has a certain value I must connect another object to it, and otherwise not. So I want a connectable (With a port attached to it)  to be visible dependent on the property (and also the binding must only be possible in the relevant case).

In the symbol editor I can choose Format > Condition and then specify the condition source for a rectangle or an ellipse, but not for a connectable.
Probably I have to use a dynamic port for it (naming sounds logic) but I only come across difficult examples with subgraphs. 

What would be the most easy way to get this done?
stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Apr.2020 at 16:03
I'd make it so that there is a static port and its connectable, and the visible parts of the symbol for the static port are conditional. Add an extra 'error' element (e.g. a bold red exclamation mark) in the same position, and set its condition to display when the static port shouldn't be visible AND there is a role connected to that port.

In this way, you're also covered for the case where the port's condition is initially true, the user connects to it, and later the condition becomes false. 
 Post Reply Post Reply