MetaCase Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > > MetaEdit+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mapping properties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinhinane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mapping properties
    Posted: 02.May.2018 at 20:32
Hello,

I am using MetaEdit+ to describe a small language for automation. What I want to do is to map my objects states with signal states; meaning say a Switch object with property 'state' (fixed list) [Pressed, Released], I want to map that with [1, 0]. Is there a way to add that on top of my language?
stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2018 at 21:30
DSM is about raising the level of abstraction, so the default answer would be that the language should be human-readable - just Pressed/Released - and the generator should be responsible for mapping that to 1/0. 

With just two values, you can simply say "if :state='Pressed' then '1' else '0' endif". If there were more values, I often like to put the mapping as a translator rather than logic:
to '%stateValue
$Pressed $1
$Released $0'
endto

:state%stateValue
If some strings on the left-hand side of the translator are substrings of later strings, either re-order or switch to using more precise regular expressions like /^Pressed$/.
 Post Reply Post Reply