MetaCase Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > > MetaEdit+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

License Transfer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jianliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: License Transfer
    Posted: 08.Jan.2016 at 08:24
Hi,
I want to use MetaEdit+ tool in another computer. Could you please advice me the steps to transfer the MetaEdit+ license key?

Thanks.
janne View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote janne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jan.2016 at 08:36
Uninstalling a Key vs. Uninstalling the MetaEdit+ Program

Having a MetaEdit+ key on a PC, and having the MetaEdit+ program on a PC, are two entirely separate things. Whilst normally a PC will have none or both, it can also have just one or the other.

Uninstalling the MetaEdit+ program from ‘Control Panel | Uninstall a Program’ (or Add/Remove Programs on older Windows versions) will also offer to uninstall the key, which users should normally accept. They can then fill in the resulting uninstallKey to KeyMaker to free their license.

If a user just wants to re-install MetaEdit+, he can uninstall MetaEdit+ but cancel the dialog that warns that the key is about to be removed. The uninstall will continue to remove the program, leaving the key intact. After reinstalling the program, it will work straight away, continuing to use the same key (the hardware fingerprint has not changed).

If a user wants to temporarily move his MetaEdit+ license to a laptop, and later move it back to his desktop PC, he need not uninstall the program, just the key. He can do this with Start | All Programs | MetaEdit+ 5.1 | Key Management | Uninstall My Key, or by starting MetaEdit+ with the UNREGISTER command-line parameter, e.g. ‘mep51.exe UNREGISTER’. The key will be uninstalled, he can enter it in KeyMaker to release the license, install MetaEdit+ on the laptop, and obtain a new key for the laptop’s hardware fingerprint.

Flowy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jan.2016 at 20:22
So basically we just uninstall on the first computer and then reinstall on another and it will work?
stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Jan.2016 at 19:32
You need to enter the uninstall key into KeyMaker to be able to request a new key to use it on the second computer. Please see the answer above for more details.

Edited by stevek - 30.Jan.2016 at 19:33
jianliu View Drop Down
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jianliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Dec.2017 at 03:22
My computer (DESKTOP-55V58GC with hardware fingerprint 284B-0375) has a hardware failure, and needs to send back to the factory for replacement. I want to install MetaEdit+ to another machine. Unfortunately, I was unable to uninstall the license key when the computer crashed. Could you please help to revoke the license for the computer from your end? I have MetaEdit+ Workbench single user 5.1 license 5444.
Thank you!
jpt View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Dec.2017 at 08:35
Hope you did not lost much data. You will be contacted directly by MetaEdit+ support on the license key.
 Post Reply Post Reply